Each month I start thinking about these posts and I make an ongoing list. By the end of the month, the list of favorite moments is always WAY too long. Which is a good problem to have. So here’s April . . .
1. Cherry & pear blossoms. When they bloom, my mood changes. I know spring really is here. Warm days are ahead, and with them all the joy spring brings with it. I love the way the pear blossoms smell. And I envision this cherry tree getting huge over our years here.
2. Apple TV. We got rid of TV. I know. Crazy. No more cable or satellite. It’s actually really nice. The boys don’t get sucked into hours of junk and we are much more mindful about what we watch. It’s tough when big news stories hit, like they did this month, but since you can watch live news on the computer or iPad, it’s really not a big deal. And it’s going to save over $1,000 a year. Now I’m wondering what took us so long.
3. Vitamin D. Oh the sun. It’s finally made a few appearances. And I’m trying to soak it all in. I needed the vitamin D. And my pasty skin needs the tiniest bit of color. The boys love being outside so it’s nice to go out late in the day, shoes off, and just soak in the last few hours of light.
4. Making cookies. I think I need to be juicing more and baking less. I made cookies a few times too many last month. But dang they are good.
5. Juice. I’ve been juicing. Well I was juicing a lot toward the beginning of the month, and not so much lately, but I’ve stocked up my veggies again so I’m starting again. I am not a big veggie eater. I don’t like eating cucumbers. But juiced cucumbers? I actually love! Who knew.
Our march. We raised over $6,000 for the March of Dimes, March for Babies for Henry’s team. Each year, I’m amazed at the support we have. It’s pretty awesome, to say the very least.
Bo’s first haircut. I wasn’t intending on chopping it. But as I was giving Sam a haircut, he was sitting relatively still so I took advantage of it. He looks like such a big boy already!
Kindness from others.
I saw this image on another photographer’s instagram feed and loved it. I’m still not sure why, maybe the simplicity, maybe the color. But I loved it. I commented that I wanted to buy a small print of it to hang in our home. And sweet Alpana sent me one as a “pay it forward”. So awesome. I haven’t fulfilled my pay it forward yet, but I definitely will. (And check out Alpana’s beautiful work here
, and here on instagram
Blurry baby soothing. I like blurry photographs. I know I’m not supposed to. But I do. There is more story in them usually. And this newborn session had some soft images. But when you are bouncing a baby who needs some soothing, you’re bound to get a few soft images. It’s not always about the baby perfectly posed and sleeping, butt in the air. It’s about remembering that crazy time of your life when you come home from the hospital with a BABY! You want to remember swaying non-stop for weeks as it’s the only way to calm him. And I happen to love it.
Engagements on film. Here we go. Another blurry photo. And I love it. That time before your wedding. All that planning. It’s all a blur. And then your wedding day finally comes, and it’s still a blur (which is why your wedding photographer is arguably THE most important planning decision!). And well, the beauty of film, makes it not just a blurry time in your life, but a dreamy one.